2.18.2018

MFT Creative Olympics Challenge 3

Well, I didn't have enough time to make a card for the 2nd challenge in the MFT Creative Olympics (Freestyle Challenge); so I'm jumping straight to challenge 3:  


The challenge is to choose one technique and one card type to combine on a card.  I went with Emboss Resist and Shaker for my entry.


I stamped a bunch of the images from the Lucky Dog and You Make My Tail Wag stamp sets on a white card base with VersaMark ink and heat embossed them with clear embossing powder.  Then I inked up my panel with Distress Inks before die cutting it with the Birthday Centerpieces die.


I used my inked panel for the front of my shaker and filled it with confetti and sequins in coordinating colors to match my inks.  I used a white panel behind the colored panel to help the white embossed images pop a bit more.


I adhered the shaker panel onto a card base made from Lush Lagoon cardstock and stamped the inside with a sentiment and image from the Lucky Dog set.


That's it for my Crafty Biathlon!  If I have time tomorrow, I'll backtrack to the Freestyle Challenge.  {Unfortunately, I'm having dental work done and have to be sedated so I don't freak out.  So crafting might be out of the question tomorrow afternoon.  Or maybe I'll come up with a really entertaining card entry while under the influence of sedatives!  LOL}

PRODUCTS USED:
{MFT unless otherwise noted}

Stamps:  Lucky Dog, You Make My Tail Wag

Dies:  Birthday Centerpieces

Ink:  Ranger Distress Seedless Preserves, Salty Ocean, Peacock Feathers, VersaMark

Paper:  Lush Lagoon, Papertrey Ink white cardstock

Other:  Papertrey Ink clear embossing powder, variety of sequins and confetti, craft foam

No comments:

Post a Comment

Groovy messages for Hippymom: