2.11.2018

MFT Creative Olympics Challenge 1

I'm playing along today with the My Favorite Things Creative Olympics in honor of the 2018 Winter Olympics.  I've been watching the figure skating events, and I'm absolutely in awe of the agility and grace those athletes have while competing.  They absolutely amaze me!

Anyway, back to the MFT challenge.

I am entering this card into two separate  challenges; 

The requirements for the Stamping Slalom are to use at least three separate MFT stamp sets on one card.  Easy peasy lemon squeezy!!  


I started by stamping a white card panel with my images and heat embossed them with clear embossing powder.  Next I inked up the panel with Distress Inks that coordinate with the color challenge; Spun Sugar, Picked Raspberry & Weathered Wood.  The clear embossed images stay white after the ink is applied.  Then I diecut some masking paper to cover each of the images I stamped before splatter the panel with Black Soot Distress Ink.


I mounted my stamped and inked panel on a piece of white cardstock and then a black card base.  I love how well the colors POP with the white and black frames around the colored panel!
[To be totally honest, I messed up my first inked panel and had to start over again.  On my first panel, I didn't mask off the images before splattering with ink and the images seemed to get totally lost in the black splatters.  Lesson learned!]


I stamped another white panel for the inside of the card using more inks to coordinate with the color challenge; PTI Picked Raspberry & Lovely Lady and Jenni Bowlin Weather Vane.

MFT STAMP SETS USED ON THIS CARD:
Lucky Dog
Tiki Party
Penguins in Paradise
You Make My Tail Wag
You Gnome Me
Lovey Dovey Sentiments
{The coordinating dies were used to cut the masks for the front of the card.}

That's six different stamp sets used on one card.  Challenge met!!
I'm looking forward to seeing what the next Creative Olympics challenge will be!
Go, Olympic Team USA!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Groovy messages for Hippymom: