1.07.2015

Thanks a Hoot!

For Christmas, my friend, Tamara, and her daughters, Tarren and Alysen, gave me a cute, owl wall plug-in air freshener and the most adorable kitchen towel set with an owl on it.  So I knew that my thank you card had to feature an owl too.  :)


I thought I would make a fun flip-it card [I think that's what these are called anyway].  I didn't want to use the flip-it die that I own, but I found a tutorial video on YouTube that showed how to use any die to create one.


You can see that as it opens, the image on the front flips around and reveals the back side of that little panel that fills the window.


On the back of that panel is my sentiment, "thanks a hOOT!" from the PTI set called Wise Owl inside a frame from the Pretty Peonies set.


And here is what it looks like when it is folded open all the way.

The flowers, bumble bee, leaves, and owl are all stickers from Elizabeth Craft Designs.  I placed the flowers, leaves, and bee on Glimmer Sheets [also from ECD] and then fussy cut them.


The owl was adhered onto double-sided tape and then covered in clear, micro-fine glitter and then colored with Copic markers.  These owls also come with image stickers of just their eyes, so I used those as well and popped them up with dimensional adhesive.


Super cute, right?!  :)  Hoot, hoot, hoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Groovy messages for Hippymom: