1.14.2015

It's A Guy Thing

Tonight I'm playing along with the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge, and this week's theme is "It's A Guy Thing".  In my house, the boys outnumber the girls, so this challenge is a breeze! ;)





 If video games aren't a "guy thing", I don't know what is!  Am I right?


This card was created using a Silhouette cut file and lots of random paper scraps from my stash.  I added Glossy Accents to the black control sticks to make them look a little more like the real thing.  I also added some small white markings to give the buttons some dimension, and some black lines and dots for the same purpose on the body of the controller.


The "game on" sentiment is from the MFT Stamps 'Masculine Graphic Tee' stamp set, and the "happy birthday" is from The Craft's Meow 'Zoom Goes My Heart' set.


And no card is complete without a matching envelope!  I had to hand letter my son's name on it.  {Please don't judge.}  I think that this card is most definitely a guy thing!!!  :)

2 comments:

  1. What a unique take on the challenge! I have never seen anything like this before, it's so cool! Awesome job!
    Thanks for playing along with us over at the SSS wednesday challenge blog this week.
    Tessa. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous masculine card Amber! The design is wonderful, so cute.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    hugs
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete

Groovy messages for Hippymom: