1.07.2015

It's A Wienerful Christmas!

I know Christmas is long since over, but I'm finally finding time to post some Christmas projects.

Each year at work we have a Secret Santa gift exchange, and this year I was VERY excited to draw Darryl's name.  The reason for my excitement?  Wieners!!!  Wiener DOGS to be exact.  :)

Several of us in the building have dachshunds as pets, and there are always [semi-inappropriate] wiener jokes flying around in the teachers' lounge.  The Secret Santa exchange gave me the perfect opportunity to expand on the wiener wisecracks, since Darryl is one of us wiener lovers.

To start with, I made this window cling sticker using my Silhouette Cameo and the Silhouette Studio software.


I bought the dachshund image from the Silhouette Studio store.  The rest was done using the text and drawing features of the software.  I couldn't photograph the actual sticker because it was white vinyl on a white backing paper, but this is the image from the cut file I created.

Next up is a door hanger which was also created with my Cameo.


I used the same dachshund image as before, and I believe the door knob hanger is also a Silhouette image.  I used the text feature in the software again for the written portions.  There are actually three layers to the hanger.  The back layer is just solid white, the center layer is solid black, and the top layer is obviously white with the images cut out.  I had to reassemble the centers of the D, Os, Rs, P, and A after adhering the top panel down to the center panel.

And here is my favorite creation....


The overall design and idea is scrap-lifted from a pin I found on Pinterest.  I changed several of the details though.


This is a simple wooden plaque I found at a craft store and painted using acrylic paints.  After painting it red, I used a pencil to sketch out the details before painting them.  I tried using Sharpie paint markers but they did not work well for me AT ALL!  So I had to paint it all by hand using a tiny detail brush.

If the photo is too small to read it, the measurements say "Big, Jumbo, Huge, Mondo, Giant, and Massive".  some cute paw print grosgrain ribbon finished it all off.  Here is a close up of the little wiener dog.


Our gift exchange was held at a bar, and the majority of the staff were there.  Darryl seemed to get a kick out of these little gag gifts, and went so far as to use the door hanger on the bathroom door when he went to use the facilities!  :)

As it turned out, Darryl drew MY name from the hat and gifted me with the perfect gift....a Hobby Lobby gift card.  :)  So, naturally, I had to make a fitting thank you card for him....


I received the Papertrey Ink "Come All Ye Faithful" stamps from my husband for Christmas [Thank you, hubby!], along with the "Additions" stamp set and the coordinating dies for both.  I was glad for the excuse to use them!!


I also used the snow drift dies from the PTI "In The Meadow" set, and I think those snow flakes were from the Lawn Fawn "Making Frosty Friends" stamp set.  Some red, green and silver pearls finished off my cute little doxie-deer.  ;)

Other products used:
Papers:  PTI Stamper's Select White, Pure Poppy and Smokey Shadow card stock
Inks: PTI Pure Poppy and Classic Craft, VersaFine black, and Memento Grey Flannel
Embossing Powder:  PTI clear
Other:  Stickles in Christmas Red, Tombow adhesive

Just for wags and wiggles, here is a video of my own little doxie dogs opening their Christmas stockings this year.  Watch the little black dog, Bailey, for a good laugh!  ;) 


1 comment:

Groovy messages for Hippymom: