1.14.2015

Sailing? Definately A Guy Thing!

I'm still playing along with Simon Says Wednesday Challenge, because this week's theme really floats my boat.  [pun intended....totally]  In case you haven't caught on, the theme is "It's A Guy Thing".  And I believe this one qualifies....


Sailing, sailing, over the bounding waves....


And getting a jump start on Father's Day.  :)  Probably should be making Mother's Day cards first, but that wouldn't fit the theme!  ;)  LOL


I don't have time to relay all the details of this card, but I'd like to point out the cute message in a bottle.  It comes from a Flourishes stamp set, by the way.  I colored it first with Copic markers and then covered it in Glossy Accents to make it look like an actual glass bottle.  I love how it turned out!  It reminds me of old, green glass bottles and jars that I've seen in thrift stores and antique shops.  :)

And I can't remember where that patterned paper came from, but I just adore those tiny anchors!  Totally a guy thing.  ;)

Oh!  And I almost forgot about the sailors' knot I learned to make from this awesome tutorial post!  It's actually WAY easier than you would think.  And....no rope burns! 

Bon voyage! 

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! Love the image and how you colored them!!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great masculine card! Love the knot and fantastic stamps!

    ReplyDelete

Groovy messages for Hippymom: