4.04.2014

Happy Birthday, SSS Blog!

Today I'm playing along with the Simon Says Stamp Birthday Celebration.


Here is a card I made for a lady I work with.  The flowers and leaves come from the Simon Says Stamp Best Mom Ever stamp set.


I stamped the flowers with VersaMark and then heat embossed with white powder.  I used a water brush and some PTI ink to water color my flowers and then I cut them out by hand.

I stamped the leaves directly onto my card panel and popped up the flowers.  The sentiment is from the PTI Movers and Shakers Sentiments stamp set.

I just added some cute little frosted clear pearls for a little sparkle and extra detail.  The whole panel is popped up on my card base.


I love how clean and simple this card is, yet it's still beautiful and interesting.  The popped up panel and flowers give it lots of dimension.  And the subtle water coloring of the flowers looks very soft and pretty.  I'm new to water coloring so I wasn't sure how it would turn out, but I'm really pleased with the result!  :)

1 comment:

  1. A beautiful card Amber, I love the design and gorgeous stamping and embossing -your sentiment and pearls are such an elegant creation!!

    Thanks so much for joining Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete

Groovy messages for Hippymom: