8.09.2015

colourQ challenge #302

I think the color palette for the cQc #302 might be my favorite ever!  See for yourself...


Aren't these colors PERFECT together?!  As soon as I saw this I knew I HAD to play along.

I found additional inspiration from this post by Jennifer McGuire.  I really like how she used shape dies and word dies to create word windows.  I decided to do something similar but using inlaid die cuts for a one-layer look.


The first thing I did was pull out my new Abandoned Coral and Fossilized Amber Distress Inks; still fresh in their wrappers and unopened (that's how new they are).  :)  I grabbed some ink blending tools and a piece of watercolor paper and got to work inking up a blended background.  

Then I used a paint brush and plain water to splatter some water spots onto the background, but this didn't create as dramatic of an affect as I thought it would, so I grabbed some Heidi Swapp Color Shine in Mint Green [which to me looks much more teal than mint].  I pulled out the spritzer and just tapped the straw so big drops would splatter onto my paper.  I held it up a little higher to get the smaller splatters too.

Once this was all dry, I used Lil' Inker Designs stitched dies to cut out my card panel and the circle.  The Hello die is from Lawn Fawn.  I did the same thing with a piece of PTI Tropical Teal cardstock and Stamper's Select White cardstock and then started mixing and matching.


I dressed up this first one with some sequins from Pretty Pink Posh in Marigold, Lemon Drop and Watermelon.  I think this photo does the best job of showing the shine in the Color Shine splatters.  I also think this first card is my favorite of the three.  :)

I'm also entering this card in the Sparkle & Shine Challenge #11.  I think my color choices have very citrus-y feel about them.  You could even change their names to Grapefruit Juice and Tangerine if you wanted to!  :)  LOL  [though I'm partial to Fossilized Amber for sure.  ;)  wink, wink]







For this second card, I needed to do something with that big blank space in the lower half; so I grabbed some PTI grosgrain ribbon in Summer Sunrise and a Berry Sorbet button.  I added that little bow of yellow twine to the button and stuck it all down with Zots.


Last but not least:  


The pattern on the apron skirt in the color palette photo reminded me of these Mehndi Medalions from PTI.  I have the Mega Mehndi and the Mini stamp sets and used some from each set.  The inks are My Favorite Things Coral Crush, PTI Tropical Teal and Harvest Gold, and Hero Arts Shadow Ink Butter Bar.  I considered stamping on the die-cut word, but decided it pops better if it's just white.




So that's it for tonight.  I will, without a doubt, be revisiting this color palette again soon.  I am excited to have recently purchased the coral inks I used on these cards and look forward to playing with them some more.  :)  And by the way, the premium dye inks from My Favorite Things are AWESOME!  They stamp out so smooth and even; I am really impressed with them.

So, it's off to bed now.  Good night!

2 comments:

  1. So pretty! Thank you for joining us at Sparkle & Shine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty set of cards! Love the colors and fun designs! Thanks for playing along with the Sparkle & Shine Challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete

Groovy messages for Hippymom: