12.06.2014

What time is it? It's TOOL TIME!!

Here is a cute card I made for my Dad's birthday. I got the idea from this post and tutorial HERE.


I used Papertrey Ink Pure Poppy paper for my card base, and several random paper scraps for the rest.


These adorable tools were cut with my Silhouette Cameo using a couple of their cut files, which are currently on sale half price.  Gotta love half price!  I stamped a woodgrain on the handle of the hammer, and each piece was inked up with distress inks and sponge daubers.  I added a dot of liquid pearls to each of the level tubes to create the bubble in each one.



The DAD sentiment is from My Favorite Things’ Masculine Graphic T stamp set.  I used two different sizes of circle punches to create the handles on the drawers.  

My Dad is a marine and automotive mechanic, and he has a tool box just like this in the garage.  Each and every tool has its own spot in a drawer and he always knows if something is missing.  As the saying goes, “Hell hath no fury like a Dad whose tools are missing”!  [It’s true!]


I used a Papertrey Ink sentiment from their Inside & Out Birthday II stamp set. 


I like to dress up the backs of my cards as well, and this is no exception.  I used another one of the cute tools I die cut and a sentiment stamp [well, two actually] from The Stamps of Life set called created4you.


This card was super easy and fun to make.  It took a lot of time to ink up each of the little tools and adhere everything together, but it was definitely worth the time!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Groovy messages for Hippymom: