12.06.2014

Some days are better than others....

My sister-in-law had surgery earlier this week, and I wanted to share the get well card that I made for her.


I started by embossing a piece of Rustic White paper {from Papertrey Ink} with the honeycomb embossing folder from Stampin' Up.  I die cut the flower and leaves {MFT Splendid Sunflowers} from Ripe Avocado and Rustic White.

I stamped the flower with several different inks: VersaMagic Mango Madness for the petals, VersaMagic Gingerbread for the flower center, and PTI Dark Chocolate for the seeds.  I also added some dots with a dark brown Copic to add some extra depth to the flower center.  For the leaves, I just stamped them with VersaMark and used clear embossing powder to make them shine.  Then I colored over all the flower petals with a Wink of Stella glitter pen.


I didn't have any tags or tag dies that I liked for this card, so I created a tag using my Silhouette.  The sentiment is from Hello Sunshine {PTI} and is stamped in black ink and then clear embossed for shine and dimension.  I added some enamel dots and a button and twine to finish this off.


On the inside, I stamped a couple more flowers and another sentiment from {PTI} Think Big Favorites #10.


I stamped a couple more flowers on a kraft envelope and then clear embossed the petals to make them pop a little more.  [I felt like the colors stamped too softly on the kraft background, but the clear embossing powder really brought the color out!]

For the record, Jodi's surgery was successful and went even better than we had expected.  They were expecting to find tumors but only found scar tissue instead.  Many prayers were answered!!!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Groovy messages for Hippymom: