12.08.2013

Rusty Pick-em'-up Truck

I recently saw this card on the Tobi's Place blog and I absolutely fell in love with her rusty pick-up truck!  My dad's birthday was this week, and he's an automotive and marine mechanic so this stamp was too perfect; I HAD to have it! 

Here is the card I created.


It's practically an exact copy of the inspiration card, but I just LOVE it!  I used the same combo of Copic marker colors for my truck except that I couldn't find YR27 at any of my local shops, so I just went without that one.  As a result, my truck doesn't look as rusty as Tobi's did.


I used the Flourishes Spruce collection of Copics on my pine boughs so they would look like the tree in my front yard.  The snow is made with Liquid Applique and sprinkled with glitter before I used the heat gun.  And the ornaments on the Christmas tree were made with cranberry, copper and gold Stickles


Here's one more shot to show the dimension and glitter on the snow. 

Just 17 days to go until Christmas!  Happy Holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Groovy messages for Hippymom: