12.08.2013

Fore your birthday

Here is a card I made for my boss for his birthday.  One of his favorite past times is golf, so of course I had to channel my inner golfer for this card.  [BTW, my inner golfer sticks to the mini variety, but luckily Papertrey Ink has an appropriate stamp set for the real deal.  LOL]


I really need to get some heavier thread for stitching.  This thread is so fine that it didn't quite give the effect I was hoping for.  Otherwise I was happy with the turn out.  This stamp set has a matching die set that I have not yet acquired so I fussy cut the golf cart with my Cutter Bee scissors


I embossed the body of the golf cart with white embossing powder and the tires with black embossing powder.  I did this by creating a mask for the tires which I stuck directly to the stamp before inking it up with Versamark.  Then I peeled off the tire masks before stamping onto my paper.  I heat set the white powder and gave it some time to cool, then I covered it up with another mask and stamped the [lower portion] of the image over the top to get the wheels.  I sprinkled black embossing powder over the wheels and then removed the mask from the golf cart before using the heat gun again.  [My masking paper melts if you hit it with a heat gun.] 

The clouds came from a different PTI stamp set you can view here.  They are stamped with Unicorn white ink onto my background paper.  The other papers used are patterned papers from my stash and PTI Stampers' Select white.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Groovy messages for Hippymom: