9.27.2015

Yeti Hugs?

I wanted to share this card really quickly before I hit the hay.  My friend, Angie, recently slipped and fell at work and hurt her back.  She's been slowly improving with help from a chiropractor, but I thought I'd cheer her up with a fun and cute card.


I think this little Yeti from Lawn Fawn is probably my cutest stamp of all.  He's so happy and adorable you just can't see him and not smile, right?  I knew my hubby had this cute little stuffed Yeti that I put in his Christmas stocking once, so I went to get it for the pictures and realized that my stamped and colored yeti is a perfect match!  It's hard to see his hands and feet under all that fur but they are blue like the yeti that I colored with my Copics.  (My hubby is a believer of the Yeti and Bigfoot myths, so I occasionally humor him with silly gifts like this and cards made with this stamp set.  In fact, he's the biggest reason that I HAD to have this stamp set when it was released.  :)


Here's a close-up of the card.  The awesome background die-cuts are from Papertrey Ink, and the patterned papers are from a 6x6 paper pad by My Mind's Eye.  I white embossed the sentiment, but I felt like it didn't quite POP as much as I wanted, so I stamped a shadow of it with Green Hills shadow ink from Hero Arts.


The inside sentiment is from Papertrey Ink as well; from the Inside & Out: Well Wishes stamp set.  This is also stamped with Green Hills shadow ink.

Now, as I was checking my email just a little while ago, I found a comment that was left on my last blog post inviting me to visit Word Art Wednesday so I thought I'd check it out.  It is a Christian card makers blog and the focus is on uplifting others and sharing scripture.  I think this card certainly qualifies as uplifting, so I thought I'd go ahead and link it up.  :)  

Thank you, Karen L. for the invitation!  


Now it's off to bed for me.  Nighty night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Groovy messages for Hippymom: