9.25.2015

Autumn Blessings

I have a super quick post today.

I'm playing along with Papertrey Ink on their September Blog Hop Challenge.


I've been meaning to try the chalkboard technique for ages and finally got around to it, thanks to their inspiration photo and the challenge.  It's acutally the PERFECT challenge photo to match the story behind this card!  :)


A friend and co-worker of mine recently had to move her mother into an assisted living apartment that's actually not far from where I live.  Her mom has been struggling with this transition in her life, and is struggling to adjust.  She had to leave the home she's been in for quite some time and move to a different town, which is never easy for someone to do in these situations.


I thought I'd send her a little "housewarming" card to hopefully boost her spirits.  The town I live in is truly lovely and has the "hometown" spirit of a much smaller town than what it actually is.  It's a wonderful, safe community and I hope that she will come to love it here.  I grew up not far from the home she recently left, and I've only been here for 5 years.  My family has truly blossomed here and feel that we have found "home".  (Although, I still hate Illinois weather!)


I added a cute little bumble bee on the inside and stamped him again on the envelope, which I forgot to photograph.  BTW - these photos are not as good quality as I usually post because I took them with my Hubby's cell phone.  My camera battery was dead.  O-well!

The majority of the products I used are from Papertrey Ink.  The inside sentiment is from a set called Find Joy from Hero Arts, and the curly trail behind the bee is from a set by The Craft's Meow called Beautiful Spring.  Everything else I used is PTI.  And I found that ADORABLE owl mug at Cracker Barrel a few months ago.  They have the best stuff in their Country Store!  ;)

TTFN!  And be sure to give your parents a call, just to say hi and let them know you love and appreciate them.  BYE!

8 comments:

  1. Stunning card! I love that you used a fillable frames die for your chalkboard and the vase of flowers is so pretty! How thoughtful of you to make this card for your friend's mom! I'm sure she will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous coloring of those flowers!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, Amber, and the story behind it is LOVELY.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so sweet to create this lovely card for your friend's mom. She will appreciate it. The cheerful sunflowers will give her joy each time she sees it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty, Amber and your coloring is really nice !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful coloring of those flowers. Pretty card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous card, Amber. I absolutely LOVE it, and the orange on the black really pops. You have such a talent with the Copics (I personally can't do it) but you've nailed this, and it's stunning! I'd like to invite you to stop by and play along with us at Word Art Wednesday. We'd love to have you join us, and you can win some amazing prizes each week. I hope you will stop by to play along.
    Blessings,
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday
    www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Groovy messages for Hippymom: