5.25.2014

You're Positively Glowing!

I'm playing along tonight with the May Blog Hop Challenge for Papertrey Ink.

May Blog Hop Challenge
A friend of mine recently announced that she's pregnant with her first baby!  So of course, I couldn't wait to make her a congratulatory card.  


I die cut the detailed butterfly from Berry Sorbet cardstock and the background butterfly from Stamper's Select White.  I very lightly added some ink to the background butterfly for contrast with a sponge applicator.  My flower pieces were die cut from Hawaiian Shores and Aqua Mist cardstocks, and I added a little bling to the center.  I colored over the entire detailed butterfly with Wink of Stella to sparkle it up, and I love the subtle touch it adds.  :)



The sentiment frame comes from the Pretty Peonies stamp set and the sentiment is from Signature Greetings II set.  I stamped the frame with Berry Sorbet ink and then I added clear embossing powder over both frame and sentiment to make it pop and shine.



The card base is Hawaiian Shores and topped with that great background die.  I felt like the card still needed a little something, so I filled in some of the die cut background pieces with Mellon Berry cardstock, which I think added some nice contrast to the sentiment panel.  I also popped up the butterfly and sentiment panel with pop dots so they wouldn't be swallowed up in the background.  There is so much dimension to this card! 

My card was inspired be this card from Lorraine's Loft.  That's all for tonight.  Thanks for visiting!  And have a safe and happy Memorial Day!  :) 

Products by PTI unless otherwise noted below.
Papers:  Stamper's Select White, Hawaiian Shores, Aqua Mist, Berry Sorbet, Melon Berry
Dies:  Pretty Peonies, Paulina & Devonshire Butterfly (Simon Says Stamp), Cover Up Die Swirls (Lil' Inker Designs), Asterisks (Cuttlebug)
Stamps:  Pretty Peonies, Signature Greetings II
Ink:  Berry Sorbet, VersaFine black (Tsukineko)
Other:  Swarovski Rinestone, Wink of Stella Clear Brush

3 comments:

  1. Very pretty! I love that you used the Lil' Inker Swirls cover up die for the background!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card! You have a great sense of design and balance here. I have been lusting after that cover-up die from Lil Inkers...you mat have just pushed me over the edge ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! That background looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Groovy messages for Hippymom: