2.24.2013

Snow Day

Here is another card for Lawnscaping Challenge #52.  


I work in an elementary school.  Last week, the kids were all hyped up for a snow day because it was predicted on the weather that we would get a big blizzard with 5 to 8 inches of snow and ice.  Well, we only got about 3 inches of snow and no snow day, but it did inspire me to make this card.


I started with a kraft card base and spritzed it with Mister Huey Opaque White to create the feel of falling snow.  I wrapped the card panel in some fibers that I've had for years; leftovers from a card making class I took ages ago.  

The image panel is cut from Stamper's Select White cardstock using a Spellbinders die.  I stamped my snow men with Ranger Archival Ink.  Then I masked off my snow men and stamped the snowy wind using Perfect Medium and dusted it with Perfect Pearls powder to make subtle shimmer.  I used Memento Rich Cocoa to stamp the arms of my snow men and Rhubarb Stalk to stamp the heart on the little one.  Their accessories were stamped on patterned papers and fussy cut.  I attached them to my card with a Quickie Glue Pen.  And for the final touch, I used ordinary markers to color my bird and the carrot noses.

I hope you have enjoyed this post!  Bye for now!

4 comments:

  1. This is such a sweet card! You've used my favourite Lawn Fawn set, and I love how you brought it to life with that spritzed background and paper-pieced accessories!!

    Thanks so much for leaving some love on my blog! I am so happy you stopped by!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the subtle swirls in the background - it's the perfect touch!

    Thanks for playing along with Lawnscaping! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. great card! your patterned mittens, hats etc are so sweet :) i also love the snow flurry in the background :) thanks for playing a long with us at lawnscaping!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! I love the lightly stamped snow swirls in the background! Thanks for playing with us at Lawnscaping!

    ReplyDelete

Groovy messages for Hippymom: