2.26.2013

Rainbows & Unicorns

I have one more card for the Lawnscaping Challenge #52.


I made this card for my adorable little niece, Izzy, who is turning 4 next month.  I can't believe how fast time flies!!


I started by stamping my Lawn Fawn images from Critters Ever After onto white stamping paper, then colored and fussy cut them out.  I stamped the Bannerific image onto PTI Berry Sorbet cardstock and fussy cut it as well.  I also stamped a sentiment from THIS stamp set by Lil' Inker Designs.

The cloud and rainbow dies come from the same set as the sentiment, and I cut my clouds from some textured white cardstock.  For a little bit of sparkle, I outlined just the bottom half of my clouds with some Stickles and added a couple of rhinestones to my banner.  The rainbow is also cut from textured cardstock, and I chose a pretty patterned paper for the background because it reminds me of the sky.  

Oh!  I also used Orange Peel Stickles on the unicorn's horn, but it doesn't show in the pictures.  

This image shows the glitter on the clouds really well, and a close up of the unicorn....


She is popped up on a Wobble Spring which you can see here....


I had to trim the top sticky surface of the wobble spring a little so it wouldn't stick out around the sides of my unicorn.  I didn't bother trimming the bottom piece that adheres to the card front; it only shows a teeeeny little bit.  Since it is clear, it isn't even noticeable.  

And here is one last image that gives a nice view of the sentiment and unicorn. 


Well, I hope you enjoyed this card!  I tried to take some better photos this time to show a bit more of the detail.  I had fun with this one!  These Lawn Fawn stamps are really fun to play with.

Thanks for reading!

P.S. I've been trying to figure out how some bloggers put thumb nail images of their products at the end of their posts, but mine aren't lining up and the links aren't working.  If anyone has any tips on how to do this please let me know.  :)  Thanks!

9 comments:

  1. A castle on a cloud!! Cute scene... Thank you for playing with us at Lawnscaping

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the WOBBLE! Great idea - what a bright and sweet card!

    Thanks for playing along with Lawnscaping!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute scene...I love all the sparkle on the clouds!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! I love the wobble effect on the unicorn - I'll have to check that out! thanks for playing along with us at lawnscaping!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww what a cute card!! Love the unicorn on the action wobble, she's going to adore it!!
    Thank you so much for playing with us at Lawnscaping :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Soooo cute and happy!! Really reminds me a of a cross between care bears and My Little Pony!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cute card Amber, hope you're enjoying your Blogging adventure!

    ReplyDelete

Groovy messages for Hippymom: