2.18.2014

Sweet Spring Challenge

A friend of mine is going through a rough time right now, so I made this card to cheer her up.


I used Hawaiian Shores, Summer Sunrise and Stamper's Select White cardstocks from Papertrey Ink, along with matching inks for the flowers and sentiment.  I also used Smokey Shadow ink for the little frame, which I stamped off once to make it a little lighter.  The butterfly is stamped in Hibiscus Burst.  All of the stamps used are from the Pretty Peonies stamp set.  I added some random ribbon that I had and a few Swarovski hot fix crystals for a little extra dimension.

I figured I'd enter it in the February Blog Hop Challenge for Papertrey Ink.  Here is the inspiration photo for the challenge:


I like the theme for this month's challenge, because I'm TOTALLY SICK OF WINTER!  This winter has been the coldest winter I can remember and we've had a TON of snow.  I'm totally over it!  Of course, as soon as spring rolls around I'll be miserable with allergies, so maybe I should just count my blessings and not rush things.  :)

2 comments:

  1. It totally has a beautiful spring feel to the design! Lovely design!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards. Very talented.

    ReplyDelete

Groovy messages for Hippymom: