1.18.2014

Pretty in Pink (PTI Blog Hop Challenge)

Today I'm playing along with the Papertrey Ink January Blog Hop Challenge.

January Blog Hop Challenge

Here is a thank you card I created using the Papertrey Ink Delightful Dahlias and Delightful Dahlias Additions stamp sets.


I scrap lifted the layout from this post here, which I just realized was posted for last year's January blog hop.  Go figure!

I started with some Autumn Rose card stock for my card base and used True Black cardstock for the black mat. 

My dahlias and leaves were first stamped with Hero Arts black ink.  The petals were stamped with the Delightful Dahlias Additions using first Scarlet Jewel for the darkest parts, then Autumn Rose for the medium dark, and then Autumn Rose that was stamped off once before stamping the lightest part.

The leaves were stamped with Ripe Avocado for the darkest part, then Simply Chartreuse, and then Simply Chartreuse which was stamped off once.

The sentiment is also from the Delightful Dahlias Additions set and was stamped with VersaMark and then heat embossed with white embossing powder from PTI. 

Oh!  And the centers of my flowers were colored with a yellow Crayola marker.  :) 

Here's my card from another angle to show the dimension.  The flowers were popped up with dimensionals in two thicknesses.


That's all for today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Groovy messages for Hippymom: