11.23.2013

Belated birthday wishes

My sister-in-law's birthday fell only a week after the death my friend, Amy, so I was a little late in getting her birthday card made.  I chose to have fun with the belated theme though. 


I used my Papertrey Ink Movers and Shakers Sentiments stamp set to stamp the "Wishing You" sentiment and the hidden sentiment under the zipper [which reads "a wonderful birthday, just a bit late!"].  The focal images are from the Happiness in Bloom stamp set.  I used a mixture of Memento Dew Drops and PTI Premium Dye Inks.  I also used Archival Ink Jet Black for the "pull here".  Papers used are from Papertrey Ink and My Mind's Eye.  

For some reason, my colors didn't photograph as well as usual.  I think a setting may have accidentally been changed on my camera.  I thought the card looked a little unbalanced so I added a trio of pearls at the top for balance.  It was so tempting to pull the zipper, but that would have ruined it for my SIL.  :)  Maybe I'll make myself a card and mail it to me just so I can pull the zipper!  LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment

Groovy messages for Hippymom: