2.11.2018

PTI No Stamps Challenge

My next card is for the Papertrey Ink day 7 challenge in their 11th anniversary celebration, and the challenge is to make a card using NO stamps.  That's definitely not my usual style, but it's good to step outside of one's comfort zone on occasion.


For this card, I reached into my stash of background panels that I've created and have not yet used.  I made this panel some time ago using Distress Crayons.  At the time, I wasn't happy with how it turned out because I wasn't able to master blending the colors.  However, I saved it because I figured I would find a use for it one day and today is that day.


The butterfly panel is diecut from white cardstock using the PTI Butterfly cover plate.  The sentiment is Winnie & Walter's In a Word - Hugs.  I diecut it once from teal glitter cardstock (from Walmart) and three more times from white cardstock so that I could stack the layers for dimension.

I threw in some Moonshine sequins from Simon Says Stamp and.....Done!!

2 comments:

  1. So gorgeous! I created a card similar to this one for this challenge. Used a different die, but the background is similar. Sharing today. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. SUPER JOB!!!! Your background looks WONDERFUL!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Groovy messages for Hippymom: