2.19.2018

MFT Creative Olympics Challenges 2 & 4

Well, I found a little time after my sedatives wore off to create another card before the deadline.  I decided on a card that could meet the requirements of both challenges, 2 & 4, of the MFT Creative Olympics.  Hopefully there isn't a penalty for combining tricks.  The themes of each challenge are as follows:

Event 2
Event 4

The time limit for the speed challenge was 20 minutes from start to finish, and the only stipulation on the freestyle challenge was it had to have a winter theme.  I set the timer on my phone and got to work.  Since winter is flu season {and it is definitely flu season around here!} I chose to make a get well card with a snowy winter scene.

As soon as I put on the last dot of "snow" to my card I stopped the timer and took a photo (with my hubby's phone) as proof.  As you can see, it was a pretty close call!


My card started with a white panel that I stamped the dragon image onto and put a die cut mask over him.  I used inking tools to quickly sponge two shades of blue onto the sky before removing the mask.  I colored him with Copic markers, but didn't bother doing any blending because there wasn't enough time for that.


I ran another piece of white cardstock through my die-cutter with a couple of edger dies to create the snowy ground the dragon is sitting on.  After gluing those layers in place and trimming away the excess, I stamped the two sentiments on the panel before gluing the whole thing onto a turquoise colored card base.  


For the finishing touch, I added some falling snow with Stickles.  I sincerely hope that the 20 minute time limit didn't include drying time, or my card will be disqualified.  The Stickles were certainly not dry when I took the first photo.  

Well, that's it for me and the Creative Olympics!  Now I'll cross my fingers until they announce who made it to the podium.  And in the meantime, I think I'll go back to watching the figure skating on TV until it's time for bed.  Go Team USA!!

PRODUCTS USED:

Inks:  MFT Black Licorice, Distress Ink Tumbled Glass & Broken China

Copic Markers:  BG13, BG18, YR16, RV25

Cardstock:  PTI white & Hawaiian Shores

Dies:  MFT Stitched Basic Edges 2 & Magical Dragons{to cut the mask}

Other:  Stickles Frosted Lace



No comments:

Post a Comment

Groovy messages for Hippymom: