2.10.2018

PTI Anniversary Sketch Challenge

One of my favorite stamp companies, Papertrey Ink, is celebrating their 11th anniversary this month.  I'm entering this card in their anniversary sketch challenge.

This is the inspiration sketch recipe that inspired my card:




I believe this is the first time I've ever used acetate as my card base.  The sketch recipe says to make the card base narrower than A2 size, which I did with the purple layer; but I chose to use PTI clear cardstock for my actual card base.  It gives the appearance of being narrower than A2, but it actually is not.  I really love the effect it gives to the card!  :)


I used foam adhesive to pop up my flowers for extra dimension, and adhered some of the leaves directly to the white frame panel to create more depth.

I didn't want the sentiment to be "lost" amid the flowers, so I heat embossed it with a purple metallic embossing powder.  The raised embossing adds a little extra texture.

For a finishing touch, I added some Wink of Stella glitter pen just to the darker areas of the flowers.  It did end up causing the ink to lighten a bit since it isn't a waterproof ink, but I love the shimmer and shine it adds to the card.


For the inside of my card I cut another white frame panel to match the front, but did not cut the diagonal stripes from the center.  This gave me the perfect place to stamp the sentiment on the inside.

That's it for today!  Now it's off to bed for me.

PRODUCTS USED:

Cardstock:  PTI Clear, Royal Velvet, Stamper's Select White
Ink:  Altenew Lavender Fields, Deep Iris, Frayed Leaf
VersaMark
Dies:  PTI Morning by Morning, Mix & Mat Flourishes Frame
Stamps:  PTI Morning by Morning, Butterfly Kisses
Embossing Powder:  Zing metallic purple
Wink of Stella Glitter Pen
A miscellaneous sentiment flag I've had for ages upon ages

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful card! I just bought this set and played with it the other day. It was a wonderful choice for your card. I love the colors you chose and the clear card base. Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete

Groovy messages for Hippymom: