8.18.2015

Rosie Posie for Summer School

I'm back again!  [I spent a lot of time this weekend in my crafty space, ignoring my housework and yard work.  ;) ]  I have one last post for the MFT Summer School challenge.

This time, I pulled out my Misti and made 5 different cards with the same design but different color palettes.  Truth be told, I just couldn't make up my mind which colors I wanted to play with most, and I have a few new inks that I wanted to try out.  :)  The Misti made it really easy to make multiple cards this way.

I left the first three unfinished since I haven't decided what I'm using them for just yet.  I'll list the inks I used below each card.  All of the cards were made with the PTI Rosie Posie stamp set and Rosie Posie Step Two.  For one card I used PTI Vintage Cream card stock and the rest were made with PTI Stamper Select White card stock.


For this card, I wanted to try out my new inks from Simon Says Stamp and My Favorite Things.  I used SSS Coral Reef for the darker coral shade, MFT Peach Bellini for the lighter coral color, and SSS Fog for the leaves and second step of the hexies.  Unfortunately, I used a darker color on my hexie stamp right before this and didn't apparently get the stamp clean enough, so those came out a lot darker than the leaves.  But no one would know it was unintentional if I didn't tell them.  I still love how the card turned out.  :)  


This next one feels much more like Fall to me.  :)  This was made with Vintage Cream card stock, PTI Orange Zest and Pure Poppy inks, and Hero Arts Charcoal shadow ink.  I LOVE this shade of gray!  It reminds me of Russian Blue cats, African Gray parrots and Weimaraner puppies!  :)  See?

Photo Credit
Photo Credit
Photo Credit
I think gray animals are some of the most beautiful creatures on the planet!  :)  

Anyway...moving on....


I had the same issue here with my hexies from using a darker ink prior to this lighter ink.  Obviously, I need to find a better stamp cleaner than I'm currently using.  O-well!
This one is stamped with PTI Pure Poppy and Scarlet Jewell inks and Hero Arts Tide Pool shadow ink.  You can see how the hexies on the right match the leaves of the flower but the rest of them are a little bit darker.  Almost blue-er.  That's because I used the Charcoal ink right before this.


This one is similar to the first card, except I used a different shade of gray.  The gray on this one is PTI Soft Stone.  I wanted to see how it compared with SSS Fog ink when stamped with the Coral Reef and Peach Bellini inks.  In person, this gray has a slightly more yellow-ish hue to it than Fog does.  However, they both look stunning when paired with these coral hues.  :)


The sentiment is from PTI's Signature Greetings II stamp set.  This is going to the third and final new addition to my staff at work.  :)  The sequins are the Moonshine mix from Simon Says Stamp.  Aren't they great!  They truly shine in person!  :)

And last, but not least...


This one is the same Peach Bellini and Coral Reef inks paired with PTI Hawaiian Shores.  Again, I was comparing colors between the Hawaiian Shores and Tide Pool.  And again, I love them both!  This card is for another co-worker who has a birthday this week.


I added more Moonshine sequins and another Signature Greetings II sentiment.

Over all, I love every one of these cards.  If you asked me to pick a favorite, I'm not sure that I could.  All of these companies have such wonderful ink colors to choose from and I enjoyed mixing and matching for these cards.

Here's one last shot of my two finished cards together for comparison.  Exact same design, but I think they each have a unique feel to them.  I think the one on the left feels bright and cheery and even celebratory, while the one on the right feels soft and inviting while still very cheerful.  

What do you think?  Do colors strike an emotional cord for you?  They certainly do for me!


I'll be sharing these in the MFT Summer School challenge.  On all of these cards I used mostly "warm" colors paired with neutrals and a little bit of "cool" aqua.

I also used repetition by including the repeating hexie background pattern [not to mention repeating the same card design!  ;)  ]

That's it!
Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Groovy messages for Hippymom: