8.19.2015

Have a beer on me!

So, I totally forgot that I have one more card to share that I made over the weekend!  :)


Our junior high band teacher for the past two years has moved on to bigger and better things.  He was hired as a band director at a high school in another nearby town.  I wanted to send him a card to congratulate him, and since he is a connoisseur of craft beers, choosing a card theme was very simple.  :)


This stamp set is called Craft Brew and is a recent release from Papertrey Ink.  Most PTI dies are solid dies, however, some of the Craft Brew dies are not; so I was able to stamp the beer glass first and then die-cut after.  I inked up the beer stamp with Summer Sunrise and rolled the edges in Canyon Clay.  It took a few practice tries to get the look I wanted.  The best part of this stamp set are the detail stamps for the beer glass.  See the darker line running down the glass and the other at the bottom?  They add so much dimension and make the glass look so realistic!  Love it!  I die-cut the foam from some white felt that is actually sparkly on one side.  I just put the sparkly side down since it didn't fit with the theme of the card.


The sentiments are designed to look like beer labels and this one was perfect for the occasion.  I added some drops of glossy accents all over the glass to appear as sweat drops.  That awesome patterned paper is from the Three Piece Suit paper pack.


The sentiments on the inside are from the Watercooler Talk stamp set and are stamped in Enchanted Evening ink to match the card base.

I'll be linking this one up on the MFT Summer School blog for for Color Temperature.  



The majority of this card was made with cool colors and neutrals, but the beer glass is a distinctive and bright pop of warm color.  

I'm done for tonight, but let me just say that I've been watching the other link-ups for the Summer School challenges and there are some gorgeous cards to see!  If you haven't already, check them out!  :)

Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Groovy messages for Hippymom: