8.16.2015

Creating with Papertrey Ink, My Favorite Things and colourQ

This post is going to be a triple threat!  Three challenges in one!  :)  

Papertrey Ink has introduced a new challenge they are calling Create Along With Us: Release Week Challenge.  The idea is to create a new project during release week that is inspired by one of the release week inspiration projects.

Here is the inspiration for my card layout:


This card, by Danielle Flanders, features their new stamp set called Brushed Off.  It reminded me of a stamp set I have from Flourishes called So Distressed.  It has a similar brushstroke stamp in it that I have never used before today.  :)  However, my stamp is much smaller in scale than the one used here, so I decided to shrink down my card too; it's only about 3 1/4 by 4 1/4.  [I might have to make a custom envelope for it.  Not sure if I have one it will fit.]


I stamped all the brushstrokes on the background first.  Then I die-cut the leaves from colored card stock [except the purple one] and used Copic markers to add some dimension to them.  The purple leaf started out white, but I rubbed some of my purple ink directly on the paper before die-cutting.


Once the leaves were arranged and adhered with glue dots, I added a little bow made of twine and a pretty purple button.  Finally, I stamped the sentiment in the corner.  I felt like it sort of got lost in the brushstrokes, so I stamped over it with VersaMark and clear embossed it.


Now, over at the My Favorite Things blog, they are hosting session three of Summer School.  I'm going to submit this card as an example of asymmetry.


 That's my favorite part of this card; the asymmetrical background stamping!  I'm typically a big fan a symmetry, so it's nice to step outside my usual comfort zone.  :)

The colors I chose to use were inspired by this weeks colourQ challenge.


I don't have the colors they used for the swatch, so I chose similar ones from my stash.  All the products I used are listed below.  

Thanks for visiting me today!  I hope everyone is enjoying the last few days of summer!  It's back to school in just a few days.  My son will start 10th grade on Tuesday!  [Eeeek!  How the heck did that happen?  It feels like he just graduated 8th grade!]  And the teachers at my own school will be back on Thursday.  The next few days will be a crazy rush to get all the registrations completed and class lists out to the teachers before the kids start next Monday.  Probably my most stressful week of the year, but I'll manage!  :)

TTFN!

Products used on this project:
Stamps:  Flourishes So Distressed, PTI Sunflower Bouquet

Inks:  PTI Canyon Clay, Tropical Teal & Dark Chocolate, VersaMagic Perfect Plumeria

Papers:  PTI Canyon Clay, Tropical Teal, Dark Chocolate & Stamper's Select White

Dies:  Impression Obsession Leaves

Misc:  PTI Autumn Mix buttons & clear embossing powder, Copic Markers & misc twine

1 comment:

  1. This is a super card! Your layout is wonderful, as is the colour combo! And by the way, my son is named Jacob, and my granddaughter's name is Amber ;)

    ReplyDelete

Groovy messages for Hippymom: