11.23.2015

Warm Whimsical Wishes

Day 5 of the Holiday Style class is centered on Cute & Whimsical cards.


I don't pull out my Lawn Fawn stamps often enough, and they definitely say "cute" and "whimsical".  So I pulled out my Making Frosty Friends stamp set for this card.


To start with, I stamped out my scene on scratch paper with the images overlapping to get a feel for what order I would need to stamp everything.  Then I used my "rough draft" as a guide for lining up my stamps on my Misti and stamping them out in order.  As I stamped each image, I would cover it with a mask before stamping the overlapping images.


After all the images were stamped out, I used Distress inks and ink blending tools to sponge the blue sky background.  Next, I used the Falling Snow stencil from Simon Says Stamp and Texture Paste to add the snow to the background.  Once the "snow" was dry, I peeled off my masks and colored my images with Copic markers.  I forgot to use a good blending paper, so I didn't do any blending.  I did use the colorless blender to soften the tummies of the birds and add dots to the ear muffs.


Here you can see the snow texture better and some of the coloring detail as well.  I gave the top hat a blended look simply by leaving part of it lighter gray and coloring over the rest with a darker gray.  It's not actually blended, but gives the impression that it is.

My hubby asked me to make a card for a friend of his who is going through a rough patch right now.  It's just a little thinking of you, but I wanted him to know that our FAMILY is thinking of him.  So the characters I used are representational of our family.  My husband, myself, our son, and our two dogs.  Each is colored with the favorite colors of the person, and the scarves on the birds match the collars on our dogs.  I don't know whether Ken will pick up on all of that, but it's there nonetheless. 

Warm wishes to all of you too!  It's certainly been cold here the past few days.  Wherever you are, think warm thoughts.  :) 

Oh!  I almost forgot!  The sentiment is from the Hero Arts Holiday Sayings stamp set.  Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Groovy messages for Hippymom: